Fantasy Movies & TV Shows.
- The Princess Bride:
- This movie ranks high in my Top Ten Favorite Favorie Movies Of All Time list. I can watch
this movie over and over and over again (in fact, I have!). It's a
classic in every sense of the word.
- In my opinion, this is the most beautifully filmed movie. Ever. End of discussion.
Jack and Lilly save the word from Darkness. If you can find it, rent it!
- Not to be confused with Legend. This one has David Bowie and muppets.
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory:
- This movie is so nostalgic for me, I bought the soundtrack. Pure Imagination
has to be one of the greatest songs of all time. When I was a little girl
I wanted to marry Gene Wilder.
- The Wizard of Oz:
- What more can I say?
If you are into photos, classicphotos.com
has lots of
Wizard of Oz pictures available.
- The Witches of Eastwick:
- This is a very funny movie. The casting is great! Jack Nicholson played
the Devil as if he were the Devil (huh?).
- Little people, fairies, magic, love, heroism, adventure, overcoming evil...
The stuff of good fantasy.
- The Point:
- Oblio and his dog Arrow are exiled because Oblio doesn't have
a point. On their journey together, Oblio realizes that you don't need a
pont in order to have a point. (Animated)
- Practical Magic:
- The movie wasn't quite like the book, but it was fun nonetheless. To date, I
have seen it two times.
- This, the first film, was really good. I have seen it many times.
The sequels, in my opinion, made no sense. Oh, and they sucked!
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show:
- I have actually seen this movie 105 plus times. At the movie theatre.
Yes, I was one of those crazy dressed up people waiting in line at the
Sash Mill Theatre in Santa Cruz, CA on Friday and Saturday nights between
1979 and 1981. Hey! Were you there, too? Let me know. Maybe we know each
- The Indiana Jones Trilogy:
- All three were great! I have actually seen the second one more times
than the others, though.
- What Dreams May Come:
- The effects in this movie were so gooood! The story itself made me weep.
So happy, so sad, so happy, so sad!
- Conan: The Barbarian:
- As a Conan fan from the books (and old black & white comics), I
absolutely enjoyed the movie. Arnold was the only choice for Conan. The
second movie sucks me in every time I'm surfing, but it just wasn't
as good as the first. No way!
- Red Sonja:
- From the same world as Conan, Red Sonja was a great warrior. She probably
would have majorly kicked Xena's butt. Hey! There' a great episode
- The Craft:
- Four little witches dabbling in magick, b-a-c-k-l-a-s-h-ing, one stays
good, one turns evil, two follow along....This was a really cute movie. I
- This was such a bittersweet love story. I loved it. Whoopie was great!
- Big Trouble In Little China:
- Kurt Russell, 3,000 year old demons, great martial arts moves, and a
burgeoning love story makes this a great, fun packed adventure movie! Rent it
if you can find it.
- When I was little I wanted to be Tabitha and have a Mommy that
could twitch up really cool stuff by wiggling her nose.
- I Dream of Jeannie:
- Wouldn't it be so groovy to look that good in a harem costume
and be able to blink up whatever you wanted? One thing, though that I
have always wanted to know: Why did Jeannie and Samantha both
stick around while their jerk men-folk treated them like crap? I would
have twitched better manners into Durwood-Um, I mean Darrin.
- The Addams Family:
- They were the most normal family on TV. I mean, my family resembled
theirs a lot more than it resembled the Brady Bunch. What about yours?
- The Munsters:
- They were the next-to-the-most normal family on TV. Does anyone doubt it?
- Okay, I can't help it, I am addicted to this show...
- Kung Fu:
- This was one of my all time favorite shows growing up. When I heard the music, BOOM!
I was in front of the TV. No interruptions allowed!
- The Others:
- Most of the episodes of this show are good, nail-nibbling fun. Some are duds.
The idea is a good one, though. Will the show go on? After the cliff-hanger ending
last season, we'll not know until Fall Season begins...
- Xena, Warrior Princess:
- I got into the series late in the game, and have been hooked ever since. I
really do enjoy this show. I like the fact that it makes fun of itself, and
the serious plot lines are well written. Where the show is going this last season,
though, is a mystery to me. What will happen now?
- Wonder Woman:
- I really liked to watch this show when I was a young girl. When there
was a crisis, Yeoman Diana Prince would go into a closet, spin around, and
become Wonder Woman! "In her satin tights/Fighting for our rights/And the old
red white and blue"
Back to the Genre Lounge
This zone was created and is maintained by me.
Please send any questions or comments to:
© 1998, 1999, 2001 KAT
Last updated: 5/29/01 3:38 PM.